Heath Ledger Died from an Accidental Overdose


Heath Ledger Died from an Accidental Overdose

The autopsy results were made public today; the actor had six different prescription drugs in his system

Heath Ledger
Heath Ledger's death was due to an accidental overdose and not suicide, according to New York City's Chief Medical Examiner. Autopsy results revealed that the Australian actor had ingested six different types of prescription medicine.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in an announcement. "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

Oxycodone is a painkiller, Hydrocodone (also known as Vicodin) is used to fight coughs, Diazepam (typically referred to as Valium) is a tranquilizer, Temazepam treats anxiety or sleeplessness, Alprazolam is known as Xanax, and Doxylamine (a sedating antihistamine) is also used as a sleep aid.

The Brokeback Mountain star's ex-wife, actress Michelle Williams, and their 2-year-old daughter Matilda arrived in Australia today to attend Ledger's funeral.

The actor was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on Jan. 22. He was 28. Ledger had previously expressed that he was having sleeping problems.

no votos

que opinas